Monday, July 16, 2007

Pretty sweet news


This morning I got an email informing me that this poster I designed will be printed at a whopping 4'X8' and exhibited at Lollapalooza in Grant Park. Not only that, but I get a copy of the print and I get two free three-day passes to Lollapalooza. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about the news. I've never had my work printed at a size even close to this, so that's one of the best things about it. The poster is promoting three fictional, psychedelic bands called the Melting Strawberries, the Wandering Eyeballs and the Polished Suitcase. Also, the email said that my image "was chosen by the producers of
Lollapalooza and Perry Farrel." I really hope that Perry Farrel actually played a role in choosing my image.

I'll get back to posting albums sooner or later. Just decided to give it a little break for a while.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a very nice blog here - thanks a lot. I really like your selections. Those fuzzed out psych out albums are great. If you can think of any more of the Dukes' influences it would be nice if you could post them. Apparently some people thought the Dukes were borrowing from early Hollies and Ogden's Nut Flake.

Doug said...

Thanks. It's nice to hear positive feedback now and again. It makes me motivated to finally get back to posting. I'll try to dig up some stuff similar to the Dukes. The Electric Prunes are one of the most obvious influences on them. Listen to "I Had Too Much to Dream (Last Night)" and compare it to "25 O'Clock." The similarities are very clear.

rudy jenkins said...

damn, doug. congratulations. and i adore that poster.

also, i think you should keep posting.

Susan said...

I'M NOT SURPRISED! - susan

Anonymous said...

I love this artwork, Man!
and the site.
I am looking for some artwork for a cover to a new psych lp can I contact you?
lunepsych@hotmail.co.uk all the best.

Doug said...

I'd definitely be interested. I sent you an email and have yet to hear back.

Drop me a line at mayfield.doug@gmail.com

Check out more of my work at www.dougmayfield.com